Image Map

Friday, July 24, 2015

Why I love lunch hour workouts

Last week, I mentioned working out on my lunch hour and some of you balked.  It's really not that bad.  I actually kind of like it. My lunch hour is 45 minutes, so I have to use the time wisely.  

Here's how it works for me:
- Thanks to our onsite fitness amenities, I can get to the locker room and change in about eight minutes.

- I head outside or to the mini indoor track, depending on the weather. Outside, we have two ponds surrounded by walking paths. The larger pond is 3/4-mile around, and the smaller is 1/4.  I can easily get in two miles in about 25 minutes.
- I haven't take advantage of them yet, but there are also 30-minute classes such as Barre, step, yoga, and resistance band training during the lunch hour.  
- After my workout, I head back to the locker room and take a quick shower to rinse off (I don't wash my hair).  Then I get dressed, grab my lunch in the cafeteria (or heat up what I brought), and head back to my desk to eat while I work.

And here's why it's awesome:
- It's a nice break from my desk and my work. 

- If I want to do another workout after work, great.  If not, at least I already did something.

- My workouts are introducing me to other people in my building. 

 Next week, I'll announce my August Fitness Challenge.  Feel free to join in if you feel so inclined. 

+++++
I had full intentions of having a full week of workouts.  But they didn't happen.

Monday was my birthday, so that knocked that one out.  Tuesday and Wednesday, I spent battling a migraine and killer cramps (sorry if that's TMI), so I didn't feel like doing much except sitting.  But I made up for it on Thursday with two workouts.  And I feel so good about them, they might become more of a regular thing.

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday:  Fit Fusion
Sunday: Off
Monday: Off

Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: 2-mile jog at lunch + BureauFit after work

I promise this will be a nicer list next week.


1 comment:

  1. I can see how it would be a good thing. Especially now that I have to share an office with someone and am looking for ways to get out of it as often as possible...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover