Image Map

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 44

Between my two jobs yesterday, I worked about 16.5 hours.  We tapped a new beer at the brewery, so we were slammed, and my FitBit says I walked 4.5 miles during that time. Insane.  I got home around midnight and finally climbed into bed around one.  So I have no idea why I woke up at 7:30 this morning. No alarm.  I was just awake.

I suppose part of it could be the excitement I have for tonight's Iowa State football game.  The stadium has been remodeled to add seating, and it's the first game of the season.  It's a clean slate.  Oh, and I have a ticket to the game.  Yeah, I'm pretty pumped.


Jenn at Party of One got very personal and shared her battle with endometriosis.  I can't imagine the pain she's experienced ... for 15 years.  Can you relate?  

Are you looking for your sports people in the blog world?  Sarah at Venus Trapped in Mars has you covered.  She's trying to connect folks who cheer for the same team(s).  Go check it out!

Bonnie at The Life of Bon talked about how she, as an extrovert, and her husband, as an introvert, plan a vacation that suits both of their personalities and tendencies. I'm an introvert, so I relate to Greg, but I know plenty of extroverts. I think her tips can help with groups of friends as well as married couples.

Helene at Helene In Between is nearing 30 and she has a list of things she'll stop doing once she reaches the next decade of life. It's a fantastic list ... especially the last one. 

Rena adequately summed up my love-hate relationship with social media.  Absolutely nailed it.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks of the shoutout, Micah! I can't wait to check out the other reads, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm going to go read that article from Helene. Thanks for sharing! Hope you were able to catch up on some sleep the last couple days!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover