Image Map

Friday, October 30, 2015

October fitness recap

I know the journey to getting in better shape is a slow and steady one.  And little goals along the way will help me reach my overall goal.  So I have fitness benchmarks I want to reach each month -- the first two are static and the third will be alternating. 

Goals
Sixteen workouts a month.  Grade = D
I think I only worked out a handful of times. And I don't have a good excuse. This was just a bad month.

Strength training once a week.  Grade = F
This didn't happen at all.

Track my food each day.  Grade = C
I'm still OK about this, but I'm not consistent.


Progress
I've decided to stop weighing and measuring. First of all, I'm not consistent with it. Secondly, I don't want it to become an obsession. I want to trim down, but if I'm doing the work listed above, that will happen.

Non-scale victory = I signed up for two 5Ks in November.  I will only need to find one more to reach my goal of 10 races for the year!

+++++

With my work schedule changing, I fully commit to finding a better workout routine. I'm also starting the Advocare 24-Day challenge on Sunday. So I think my November scorecard will be a lot better.




1 comment:

  1. I really need to get myself on track. I'm with you. I don't want to worry about weighing and measuring. But I need to take better care of myself, get some physical activity in, and start eating better. This has gotten out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover