Image Map

Friday, October 9, 2015

September fitness recap

I know the journey to getting in better shape is a slow and steady one.  And little goals along the way will help me reach my overall goal.  So I have fitness benchmarks I want to reach each month -- the first two are static and the third will be alternating. 

Goals
Sixteen workouts a month.  Grade = A
I didn't think I had done it, but I went back and counted and I nailed it!

Strength training once a week.  Grade = B
Again, working with my trainer made this happen.

Track my food each day.  Grade = C
I was so good about this until the last ten days of the month.


Progress
I've decided to stop weighing and measuring. First of all, I'm not consistent with it. Secondly, I don't want it to become an obsession. I want to trim down, but if I'm doing the work listed above, that will happen.

Non-scale victory = I did another 5K and made a new local running friend!


+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday:  Off
Sunday: Off
Monday: Yoga at home (30 minutes)

Tuesday: 3-mile run + 1/4-mile walk (45 minutes)
Wednesday: Yoga at home (30 minutes)
Thursday: Off (but I feel like dancing at Taylor Swift should count for something)


5 comments:

  1. I measure just once a month now that I'm doing the 21 Day Fix, so basically every 21 days I measure to see my progress. I try not to weigh myself more than once a week because my weight fluctuates so much, but thankfully it's not an obsession. But what's odd is that I can usually predict exactly what my weight will be before I step onto the scale because I've become that much in tune with my body, haha.

    That being said, I think you're doing fantastic with your goals, and tracking your food is tough and annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing awesome!

    I agree that having small benchmarks along the way makes it so much easier to hit those big milestones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! I like that you're stepping away from the measuring.It's easy to become obsessed with numbers, but at the end of the day it's how you feel. You're doing amazing, and 16 work outs per month is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga at home always feels really good. It's so easy to fit into a weekday (most of the time :).

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover