Image Map

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 47

I apologize for not showing blogger love last Saturday. I was out of town and didn't want to deal with the logistics of getting a post up.  So you're getting two weeks worth of favorites today.  Enjoy!



I've never thought of myself of a perfectionist ... until lately.  I want to look like I have it all together (even when I really don't ... and I'm not convinced anyone ever really does).  I don't want to let anyone down.  Kati Rose nailed this sentiment and how to deal with it with "I'm Not Perfect ... and That's Okay."

I'm kind of a morning person already (even though it isn't cool or fashionable to admit that), but I still like Helene's tips.  Maybe I'll be an even better morning person if I follow her lead.

Rena wrote about turning "what if" statements into messages of hope instead of self-doubt. I definitely need to practice that more. She also had a great post on comparison and how we can choose our feelings when we start to feel like we're lacking.

I'm in desperate need of a manicure (professional or at-home, I haven't yet decided).  I'm loving the array of fall nail colors in Elise's latest post.

I love Jess' honest take on marriage.  Recently, she wrote about all the things marriage isn't. It's a refreshing read for this single girl who often thinks it seems like coupled girls have it all figured out.

Banned Books Week is over, but as a part-time librarian and full-time book-lover, I encourage you to check out challenged books all year round. Christy has been nice enough to offer a few suggestions.  Oh, and she's running the Chicago Marathon this weekend so feel free to send her some good vibes.

Have a great Saturday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. This is a cool post concept! Love finding new blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover