Image Map

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Fall wins and winter wants

 I enjoy setting some goals for each season -- things I want to do or accomplish -- and then evaluating at the end of the season.  These were my goals for fall: 

- Go to a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. -- FAIL
I didn't get there this year.  

- Carve pumpkins. -- SUCCESS!
I volunteered to carve the pumpkin for the brewery, and I think it turned out OK.  
Mine is on the far right.

- Watch "Hocus Pocus," "Beetlejuice," and "Ghostbusters." -- PARTIAL WIN
 I watched the first two, but never got around to "Ghostbusters."  

- Participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). -- SUCCESS!
I not only participated, but I won, and I FINISHED my novel.
YAY YAY YAY!


That's not too shabby. I'm disappointed I didn't get to an orchard or patch. I'll have to aim for that again next year. 

Now that winter is here, it's time to set some goals for the colder months:

- Finish reading the Harry Potter series.
I might be put in friendship timeout by a few people if I don't do this soon. I have three books to go. Surely, I can accomplish that by March. 

- Do something crafty or artistic.
When it's cold outside, it's the perfect time to stay inside. I haven't decided if I'll do one of those painting sessions or find a Pinterest project, but I'll figure something out. 

- Clean out my living room closet.
It hasn't been touched since I moved in almost three years ago. It's time.

What's on your to-do list for the winter?



3 comments:

  1. Winter is always a good time to go through the closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you did well with Fall, especially with NaNoWriMo. That's a big accomplishment! Going through my closets and doing something crafty/artistic are on my list as well, especially since I usually become a hermit in the colder months. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did pretty well on your fall list! But I definitely agree that you need to finish HP! And winter is always a good time to be crafty since you're stuck inside a lot-- can't wait to see what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover