Image Map

Monday, December 28, 2015

Music Monday: My 2015 in concerts

I went to 17 concerts this past year. That's actually a pretty tame number for me, but three of the shows were of the big arena variety, so that may have affected the total. Here's a round-up of the acts I saw this year. (Beware: Many YouTube videos ahead.)

Tim Stop


I saw him three times this year (April, May, and August), bringing my grand total of Tim Stop shows to 26. And you might also remember I got a tattoo inspired by one of his songs this year as well.

++++

Matt Hires and My Red + Blue



Finally, after years of listening to his music, I saw Mr. Hires. It was well worth the wait. He's one of those artists that sounds even better live than he does on recordings. My Red + Blue was one of my favorite music discoveries in 2014, and I was thrilled to get to see him this past year. I'm looking forward to more from him.

++++

Tony Lucca


One of my long-time favorites. It's always a pleasure to see him. Anna Rose and Castle Creek opened, and they were both pleasant surprises.

++++

Kenny Chesney


I got to go to this show for free courtesy of work. Jake Owen and Chase Rice opened. I didn't expect much, but I had a lot of fun. There's a reason Kenny has won entertainer of the year. He really knows how to put on a show.

++++

Ed Sheeran and Rixton



I was ridiculously excited for this show. And my concert high lasted for days after. I loved Ed's show, and I'm sufficiently obsessed with him as well. Rixton opened for Ed Sheeran and were so much more than I expected. I have listened to their album more times than I can count.

++++

Uncle Lucius



We went to an album release show. They're not my usual variety, but I appreciated them nonetheless.

++++

Wilco


I got to see a bit of their set while volunteering at the 80/35 music festival this year. I enjoyed the chance to see them, but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to catch their show. *ducks*

++++

Eric Hutchinson


I've seen him multiple times, but I never get bored. He played three of my favorite songs in the first few minutes of the show. It was fantastic. Tess Hensley opened.

++++

Better Than Ezra


While I mostly enjoy BTE for the nostalgia factor, they really are a pretty good show.

++++

Sir Mix-A-Lot


So. Much. Fun.

++++

Andy Grammer


I have been waiting three years to see him, and it was worth it. I only wish his set would have been longer and the people around us wouldn't have been so rude.  They were all there for The Fray (the headliner, which we skipped) and they glared at us as we rocked out and sang along with Andy.

++++

Taylor Swift


I am so glad I splurged on a ticket to the 1989 tour. The night was amazing, and I enjoyed every moment of it.

++++

Matt Nathanson


This was an all acoustic event, and he had a wheel of hits behind him. He'd randomly spin it and play whichever song of his came up. I loved it.

++++

Red Wanting Blue


Another acoustic show. It was my third time seeing RWB, and they get better every time.

++++

David Ryan Harris and Tyler Lyle



I have been a fan of DRH for eleven years, but this was the first time seeing him as a headliner. He still sounds amazing.  Tyler Lyle was a fun new discovery as well. Great sound and a super nice guy.

++++

Trans Siberian Orchestra


I really enjoyed hearing the Christmas favorites, but the show drug on a bit after they finished with those.

What shows did you see and love in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover