Image Map

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Humpday confessions 3/9

I used to love doing this link-up. Well, not this one, specifically. But one of a same name and theme. I'm so glad someone else picked it up because I have some things to get off my chest.

My Blog


:: I am registered to do a 10K this weekend. I'm really nervous about it for two reasons. One, I haven't run 6.2 miles in one stint since last June. Two, I work a six-hour shift at the brewery the previous evening. I'm afraid my legs will not be ready to run on Saturday morning.

:: I get annoyed when people insist that dogs are better than cats. I have nothing against dogs. Nothing at all. But I prefer cats. They fit my personality and lifestyle better. I also hate that there's a stigma attached to being a cat person. A woman who has multiple dogs is simply a dog owner. A woman who has multiple cats is a crazy cat lady. Why the double standard?!? 

:: I hate dating. I'm not good at small talk and flirting. I'm better at meaningful conversations. So even though I would enjoy finding a good relationship, I abhor the process of getting there. It's a good thing I truly enjoy being single.

:: I pride myself on being a good friend and always being there for people when they need me. Lately, I've started to wonder if that's why God and the Universe have kept me single -- so I am always available and have the energy and affections to spend on my friends. Maybe that's my purpose in life.

:: My rent is increasing next month. It's ridiculous how much I pay for my 600 square feet of residence. It's definitely enough for a mortgage payment on a decent home. Unfortunately, I can't even really shop for a house until I get my other place sold. Hopefully that will happen later this spring. In the meantime, I've already started doing a preliminary search to see what's out there. It can't hurt, right?



4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about dog people vs. cat people. I'm not making you have a cat by having a cat, so don't worry about my pets! And people who claim they are afraid of cats make me laugh. Is the housing market in your area on the upswing yet? Houses are selling her like hotcakes. I hope you sell it fast! Good luck on your 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have anything against cats. I just personally don't want one...but they fit some lifestyles so much better! Most days I feel like I have two darn kids, dealing with these dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cats but having chickens and ducks, they probably wouldn't be a good mix. It took me months to get Sadie not to see the small chickens as dinner.
    You are a good friend. You always answer me when I send you a message, but, I don't think that is God's plan. He hasn't said anything specifically to me but my guess is, there is a reason for you waiting. You have things to finish, your mister has things to finish. There is always heeling involved when there are things to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on the cat thing. Seriously, there is NOTHING wrong with cats. Some people just don't like them and that's fine. That doesn't mean they get to be jerks to people who like them.

    Your friends are lucky to have you around, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover