Image Map

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Show Us Your Books: February

February was not a good month for my reading. At least not in terms of reading for pleasure. I spent a lot of time editing my novel, which I'm hoping to release this spring, and studying for a work-related exam. As a result, I only read one book in February. ONE.  That is unheard of for me, and I'm not happy about it.

So ... the one book I read?

by J.K. Rowling

Yep, I finally finished the sixth book of the Harry Potter series. It still had a lot of teenage angst (that started to surface in book five), but that's to be expected. They are teenagers. Even though they're wizards, they're still contending with hormones in addition to the dark forces. This book was heavy, but not as dark as the previous one. Although I'm really tired of beloved characters dying. I suppose I'm not through with that yet though, huh?  Sigh.

I'm way behind on my reading goals for the year, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up in the months to come.

Life According to Steph


What are you reading?



8 comments:

  1. no comment on the beloved characters dying.
    hopefully you find some more time for reading soon :) but how exciting for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no comment as I've never read any Potter books! But thank you for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay but if you're only going to read one book in a month, this is the one to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie - I bawled at the beloved character death in this book. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and The Deathly Hallows, although long, is worth it. But yes, don't put your tissues away either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVED the HP series! And 1 book is always better than no books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with us.

    I've never read a Harry Potter book. I actually have no plans to unless my daughter wants to read them and then I'll read them along with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also never read an HP book, and reading these comments makes me feel better because sometimes I feel like the only one.
    However, VERY exciting that you're close to publishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you only squeezed in one book, I'm glad it's this one! ;)

    Very excited about you getting close to publishing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover