Friday, May 20, 2016

Woofin' It 5K recap

I am a planner. I tend to pick out my races months in advance and register very early. This past Saturday, I woke up not knowing which race I was going to do that day. I ended up driving across town to a park I'd never been to before and writing a check roughly 30 minutes before I started running. That is about as spontaneous as I get, folks.

The Woofin' It 5K was locally organized and benefited a local animal rescue organization. I tend to like the local races a lot more than then huge ones, and animals are, of course, a cause close to my heart.

It was breezy and chilly, and I hadn't run in a week or more, so I was unsure of how the race would go. I had opted not to bring my watch and figured I'd use the Nike running app on my phone. I ended up not doing that because I couldn't get it started in time, so I just ran blindly. In several ways. The route was not very well marked so I (and about five other people) ended up making a wrong turn. We sort of made up our own route until we found people from the race again.

My FitBit said I ran right around three miles though, so it worked out fine. Without my Garmin or app, I don't know my time or my exact distance, but I'm kind of OK with that. It felt good just to run without being concerned about pace or how much further I had to go.



+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Woofin' It 5K
Sunday: Off
Monday: Yoga at home
Tuesday: 2-mile walk around the ponds at work
Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Off

I have been slacking big time.


6 comments:

  1. Aww I love the name of that 5K! And good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! I don't think I've ever just walked up to a race and signed up that day, but I have signed up just a few days before. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my experience the most recommended Bitcoin exchange service is YoBit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Moon Bitcoin you may get free satoshis. 29 satoshi every 5 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Take Free Bitcoin you may recieve FREE satoshis. 8 to 22 satoshis per 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover