Image Map

Friday, June 24, 2016

Run to Exile 5K recap

The Run to Exile is four years old. And I have participated in it four times. It's become an annual tradition for me to run this race.

It's no secret I have not been very good about my workouts in the last few weeks. I hadn't run in a while, so I was slightly nervous about this race. But usually, I can run 3.1 miles without much effort. Maybe I wouldn't be fast, but I would be able to finish.

I didn't take into account that I hadn't run outside recently. My lungs and body were not ready for the high humidity. So this race was really rough. I had to walk more than I wanted to.

My final time was not great. But I still did it, and I still finished.  That's enough.

Oh, and there was a free beer at the end. That definitely helped.



+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Run to Exile 5K
Sunday: Off
Monday: Core + FitFusion
Tuesday: Yoga at home
Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Off (Although I walked about six miles while I was volunteering at a local event)

I'm getting more consistent with my workouts, but I need to keep improving.



1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to run outside after you're not used to it for a while. I've been having the same issue. But you at least got out and did something so yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover