I enjoy setting some goals for each season -- things I want to do or accomplish -- and then evaluating at the end of the season.
These were my goals for spring:
- Lots of live baseball. - CHECK!
I went to St. Louis and visited a new ballpark (I've now seen 11 of 30) and caught a game. I've also been to three Iowa Cubs games so far. I'm only getting started with the baseball.
- Wear a skirt or dress once a week. - CHECK!
I did it!!! After about five weeks, my co-workers stopped asking why I was so dressed up.
- Check out a new running trail. - CHECK!
I did a race in a new part of the city, so I think this counts.
And, now, it's time to look ahead to the new season and the things on my to-do list for summer. Here are my goals:
- Take advantage of the pool at my apartment complex.
By this time next year, I will hopefully be living in a house I own. I need to enjoy the luxury of pool access while I have it.
- Ride my bike to the High Trestle bridge.
This was on my list last summer and I failed. I need to make it happen.
- Finish the first round of re-writes/edits on my next book and start the first draft of the one after that.
I have kind of an aggressive timeline with this baseball romance series. I want to have the second book out in November or December, and I need to have enough of the third one written to tease it in the back of the second book. Time to get to work.
What's on your to-do list for summer?