Thankfully, I have some people to help motivate me. A friend of mine is a Beachbody coach and added me to her Suns Out, Guns Out Challenge group. The focus will be on upper body strength (which I desperately need) with some encouragement for better eating and overall wellness activities.
These are the only parameters of the three-week challenge:
- Work out 30 min a day 5 days a week with a workout of your choice.
- Eat clean and eliminate junk food.
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Be active in the group and check in daily.
- Participate in BONUS daily arm workout.
I think I can do this. I know I won't be perfect with the eating. I'm going to aim for 70-30 for now. I think that's fair.
As for my arm workout, I found this on Pinterest:
On the "rest" days, I think I'll do push-ups. Whatever the rep count was for the previous day.
I'm looking forward to toning my arms up a little and just getting stronger overall.
Last week's workoutsFriday: Off
Sunday: BodyPump -- my first time back in more than a year. I was sore for four days. Worth it.
Tuesday: 2-mile outdoor run
I wanted to work out more, but after so much time off, it's probably best to ease into it.