Image Map

Friday, June 10, 2016

Suns out, guns out challenge

As I've alluded to many times in this space, I have have been a real slacker about my workouts the last few months. I did my races, but ... not much else.  That will not help me accomplish my fitness goals. It's time to shape up. Especially with the weather heating up (which means lighter and fewer clothes).

Thankfully, I have some people to help motivate me. A friend of mine is a Beachbody coach and added me to her Suns Out, Guns Out Challenge group. The focus will be on upper body strength (which I desperately need) with some encouragement for better eating and overall wellness activities. 

These are the only parameters of the three-week challenge:
- Work out 30 min a day 5 days a week with a workout of your choice.
- Eat clean and eliminate junk food.
- Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Be active in the group and check in daily.
- Participate in BONUS daily arm workout.


I think I can do this.  I know I won't be perfect with the eating. I'm going to aim for 70-30 for now. I think that's fair.

As for my arm workout, I found this on Pinterest:


On the "rest" days, I think I'll do push-ups. Whatever the rep count was for the previous day.

I'm looking forward to toning my arms up a little and just getting stronger overall.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: BodyPump -- my first time back in more than a year. I was sore for four days. Worth it.
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 2-mile outdoor run
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: Off

I wanted to work out more, but after so much time off, it's probably best to ease into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover