Image Map

Thursday, August 11, 2016

My Favorite Things: Home Decor

Confession: Apartment life isn't my favorite.

I was fine with it until I lived in a roomy duplex and then owned a house. I loved having a ton of space to decorate and make into a home. Now I'm in a 600-square-foot shoebox. But at least I have a balcony and a washer/dryer in unit, right?  And I've still managed to decorate in a way that the apartment feels less temporary. 

Here are some of my favorite things around my apartment:

I bought this race medal holder from a local Etsy company, 515 Signs. It's a fun way to display my race bling and keep track of my personal best times. It hangs right across from my bed as a reminder of my accomplishments and strength.



There's baseball memorabilia scattered around my place, but this is a pretty key collection. The top is a rendering of Rangers Ballpark done by a guy I knew years ago on a Rangers message board. Below that is a cute sign I found at a store once. The very bottom was a Christmas gift from my friend, Savannah. The little circle holds some actual dirt from the ballpark that's close to my heart.



My friend, Meg, did this art for the kitchen in the house I owned. I wanted something with wine, but that's really the only specification I gave her. What she created was absolutely perfect. It now hangs above my couch.


Finally, we have my gallery wall. All of the photos were taken by me or friends. It adds a very personal touch to a large wall in my living room.


What are some of your favorite things in your home?


1 comment:

  1. I really want one of those medal/number holders for my races! I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover