Image Map

Friday, August 12, 2016

July fitness recap

I know the journey to getting in better shape is a slow and steady one.  And little goals along the way will help me reach my overall goal.  So I have fitness benchmarks I want to reach each month.


Goals
Work out 16 days a month.  Grade = C
Meh. That's probably generous. I got out of routine really bad.

Strength training once a week.  Grade = F
Nope.

Track my food each day.  Grade = F
Nope.

+++++

12 Races in 2016 update:
I did two races in July -- 5! on the 4th and the Diva Dash 5K, so I'm still very much on track to complete one race per month. I will end up exceeding it, actually.
5! on the 4th was my friend's first ever 5K!



The weather was perfect for the Diva Dash 5K, and I liked the bling.



Oh, and I also completed one day of RAGBRAI, which resulted in a 48-mile bike ride.



I was going to be hard on myself about still not being in a good routine, but then I looked at two races and that bike ride and I realize I might not be where I want to be, but I'm doing OK.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off
Monday: Cardio Kickboxing
Tuesday: 2-mile treadmill run
Wednesday: 30 minutes of walking on the track

Thursday: 30 minutes of walking on the track and then 15 minutes of yoga at home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover