Image Map

Friday, August 26, 2016

Starting (again) small

Even though I've been posting about fitness and my health goals regularly, I wouldn't say I've been working at them consistently. And I'm not happy about that. I'm also not happy with the way I feel, the way I look in photos, or the number on the scale. So it's time to get back to working on that. 

I've tried to do this a few times, but could not stick with my plan. And I think I figured out the problem -- I was trying to do too much at once. 

The ultimate goal is 70-75 percent clean eating and 4-5 hour-long workouts a week. But I can't just jump into that. I need to ease into it.



So I'm starting smaller.

- 30 minutes of activity four days a week. At a minimum. Sometimes I will work out more days. Sometimes I will work out longer. But setting the bar low will help me feel accomplished when I reach that benchmark and encourage me to up the ante.

- Focus on breakfast. This was inspired through a Facebook challenge I'm currently in. Obviously, the goal is to eventually eat better all the way around, but by focusing on one meal first, that'll give me the groundwork to keep going. I need to get better with planning these, but I've done pretty well in the first week.

That's it.  Two things. 

Once I feel like I have a handle on those, I'll add more to my list.

How did you get back on track? 
Any easy, healthy breakfasts you can recommend?

+++++

Last week's workouts:
Friday - Off
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off
Monday - Yoga at home (30 minutes)
Tuesday - 2.5-mile outdoor run + 0.5-mile walk (35 minutes)
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - BodyPump (60 minutes) + 1.5 miles on the treadmill


2 comments:

  1. I make a smoothie with protein powder and drink it on my way to work.
    I usually eat a snack (a bar or something) mid-morning, but it really does keep me full until lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Kristin said. I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast (around 7). I don't drink mine on the way to work, though. Haha I usually have a snack around 10, but it's often just a granola bar of some sort which gets me the rest of the way to lunch at 12:30.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover