Image Map

Friday, December 16, 2016

Jingle Bell Run 5K recap

I did it! 

I finished my goal of doing one race per month in 2016. There were a few months when I did more than one race. I ended up with a final total of 14 races, including 10 5Ks, one 10K, and an 8-miler.

My final race was this past Saturday. It's probably one of my favorites of the year because people get dressed up in holiday gear.  It's also really well organized and in a different location than any other race I've repeated. Sometimes it's fun to get out of that comfort zone and see new parts of the city.

I felt really good when I woke up the morning of the race. Even though I'd worked til midnight the previous day (including about seven hours on my feet at the brewery), I was eager to run. It was pretty cold that day -- 24 degrees at the start of the race -- but I tend to run better in cooler weather, so that didn't bother me. It also started snowing while we were running, which was slightly annoying but also made it feel more festive.


I wore a chip to be timed, but my finishing time was terrible. And I'm not completely sure it was accurate. So I'm not going to share it here. I'm choosing instead to focus on the joy of completing this race.

I'm working on setting a new running or fitness goal for 2017. Goals keep me motivated and challenge me.

Any suggestions?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off
Saturday: Jingle Bell Run
Sunday: Off
Monday: Cardio kickboxing

Tuesday: Barre class
Wednesday: Yoga

Thursday: Off

It was an awesome week of workouts! I feel really good about the progress I'm making.


1 comment:

  1. I put all my workouts on a calendar so I can highlight them when I complete them. I need that motivation of completing a task and it holds me accountable.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover