Image Map

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Favorite Things: Winter edition



There are lots of things I don't like about winter -- sub-zero temperatures, ice, dry skin, and the fact that it's pitch dark by 5 p.m.  Despite that, I am grateful to live somewhere with changing seasons, so let me tell you a few things I do like about winter.

Fuzzy socks
I usually prefer to be barefoot around my apartment, but once there's a chill in the air, I break out these puppies. I have a few pairs I love and never turn down a new pair. (P.S. Yes, that's Maci from "Teen Mom" in the background. Judge away.)


Winter decorations
My tree will come down shortly after Christmas. Maybe even the very next day. However, I will leave out a few of my snowmen. They provide a nice little shakeup of my home surroundings for a few months of the year.


Hockey

I'm in my second season as a fan of this sport and the Iowa Wild. I still have a lot to learn, but I've come a long way since my first game. Nothing beats a night at the rink.


Snow days
OK, hear me out on this one. I hate when my plans have to change and it's not always fun to be stuck inside at home. But my life can get so crazy, sometimes I feel like snow days are Mother Nature's way of forcing me to take a slowdown. These are good days for a solid stretch of reading or watching movies.

What are some of your favorite things about winter? 

2 comments:

  1. That's the nice thing about using snowmen as part of your Christmas decor. They remain highly appropriate through February! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "Christmas" decor and I have "winter" decor. Winter stays out til the beginning of March. Although, I'll probably leave the tree up until at least the end of January...I like the lights :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover