Image Map

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Five things that make me feel put together

I'm stealing this post idea from Jana, who wrote something similar a few weeks ago.

Between moving, working a lot, and other life happenings, lately I've felt like a huge mess. Not even a hot mess. Just a huge mess. My existence feels like chaos. There are a few lulls but even in those moments, I feel a bit out of sorts.



Here are a few things that at least make me feel like I have it together (even when I don't):

- Making the bed.
I used to be terrible about this. I didn't see the point. I was just going to get back into it in 16 hours or so (on a good day). Why make it? I'm seeing the appeal now. It looks nicer and there's something gratifying about pulling the sheets back at night before I climb in.

- Clean sheets Sunday.
I adapted this routine from a friend a few years ago, and I've never looked back. The end of the weekend is such a drag, but at least I have fresh clean sheets to make it a little more bearable.

- Doing my full makeup.
Lately I've been doing just mascara most days. Since I work out at noon, I just sweat everything off anyway. Also, I sit in a cube. Very few people see me let alone pay attention to me. Every now and then, though, I like to do my full face and enjoy the feeling.

- Making lists.
I can get overwhelmed with everything going on. Sometimes just making a list of what I need or what needs to be done gives me some peace. The AnyList app is my most favorite thing. I'll write a longer post about it someday (it's been a savior during the moving process and for sharing household tasks with Sean). There's just something really satisfying about crossing things off when they're done.

- Getting a manicure.
I'm still working on perfecting my DIY technique. But occasionally I splurge and let a professional do it. It feels amazing, and my nails looks so pretty. And since I usually do shellac or (recently) the powder dip, it lasts for a few weeks! Money well-spent.


What things help you feel like you have it all together?


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on all of these! I still can't find a place nearby that does dip powder. #suburbproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ALWAYS made my bed! It's such a little thing, but it can make a world of difference. Growing up, I had a pretty small bedroom, so when I was hanging out in my room, the bed was the place to sit. This was also true in college, and as an adult, I also enjoy sitting in bed to watch TV or read or whatever. SO having the bed made just makes a more inviting (and neat, clean looking) place to sit down.

    My husband sleeps like a tornado, and sometimes, I have to make the bed before I can even get in to go to sleep. I like the sheets to be in their place and not pulled off, twisted, or otherwise askew. I have a really hard time sleeping if it doesn't start off neat and tidy. haha

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover