Image Map

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Flexible workout plans

I start each week with a fitness agenda. Inspired by Holly, I've started sharing my weekly workout plan on Instagram each Monday.


A post shared by Micah Chaplin (@thebestmicah) on

Sometimes I stick to it 100 percent. But that's very rare. Too often, plans change.

My plans changed a few times this week.

The first time was on Tuesday when my office workout buddy asked if I'd like to start doing morning classes in addition to noon classes. I thought about it for a few moments before agreeing. I used to love morning workouts. They're a good way to start the day. Also, I've been frustrated lately with the lack of change I'm seeing in my body. The scale hasn't moved at all in a few months. So maybe the noon workouts aren't cutting it anymore. Maybe I need to shake it up. To top off all that, I was intrigued by the morning class offerings and was happy to check them out. So we started our two-a-day routine on Thursday. So far, I'm enjoying it. 

The second time was on Saturday. I fully intended to go for a run after I took my cat to the vet for a teeth cleaning. But as I was moving around to get her ready to go, my body just felt fatigued. And after the week I put it through, I shouldn't be surprised. So I decided to listen to my body and just rest. Sometimes the body needs rest more than it needs activity.

As a planner, sometimes it drives me crazy to go off-schedule. But this past week, I think it worked in my favor.  Sure, it means I didn't get a single run in, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over that.

The coming week will be a challenge with the additional obligation of the arts festival, but I'm going to do my best to stick to my plan.

How do you handle shake-ups in your routine?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Total Cardio Xtreme (30 mins)
Tuesday - Booty Camp Class (30 mins)
Wednesday - Tabata (30 mins) + Fit Fusion (60 mins)
Thursday - Warrior Strength (30 mins) + Barre/Cardio Class (30 mins)
Friday - HIIT class (30 mins)
Saturday - Off

As always, be sure to check out Sunday Sweats posts from Holly and Christy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover