Image Map

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Show Us Your Books: March 2018


Life According to Steph


After a disappointing February, I seem to have found my reading groove again. I finished three books during the month of March.


I remember reading another Dina Silver book ("One Pink Line") a while ago. I remembered that I really liked her characters and her writing style, so I picked this one up. It's a spin-off of the first one I read, so it was fun to be reacquainted with the characters again. This story was very dramatic and had a lot of ups and downs. Chloe and Tyler's chemistry was intense from the start but seemed to fizzle. Chloe became a little annoying and Tyler became completely unlikable. Cam, Chloe's loyal best friend (who definitely had a thing for her while she continued pining for Tyler), was probably my favorite character. I wouldn't mind another story about him.




Lexi Ryan is a runaway bride after discovering her twin is pregnant with her fiance's baby ... on her wedding day. She escapes to Jackson Harbor, where she finds a new beginning and a job as a nanny for the daughter of a widowed doctor. She quickly becomes enveloped in his family ... until her past and the secrets she's kept from him come crashing into her new world. I loved meeting the Jackson family and can't wait to read the next one in the series.



I powered through this one to try and figure out why Sawyer left town when he and Reena were teenagers. I never really got that answered fully. And I could not figure out why Reena was so hung up on him. Sure, he was charming, but he was flaky, unmotivated, and a bit narcissistic. I still gave it three stars because I thought the writing was good and I would read another book by this author.


I already have a good jump on my April reads with a book that incorporates two of my favorite things -- suspense and steamy romance. Hopefully that keeps my reading mojo going in the right direction.



6 comments:

  1. Great job on getting three reads in! I haven't read any of these, so thanks for sharing. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wrong Kind of Love sounds super cute. and the book you're reading now that incorporates suspense and steamy romance sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all lose our reading groove now and then but I'm glad you found yours again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to mention a baseball/love book to you, and now I can't remember the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wrong Kind of Love sounds really dramatic -- I bet I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh looking into the first two. I am on such a romance kick right now! :) I just read my 2nd Zapata and loved it. :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover