Image Map

Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday Fiver: Currently

Watching ... Food Network. It's basically the only channel I put on these days.


Listening to ... a lot of Eric Hutchinson. I'm just feeling his catalog lately. He's going to be performing about 2 hours away from me one night this fall. But it's a Tuesday night. I'm not sure I can swing it. Micah at 21 to 25 would have gone without question. But at 38, it's not such an easy sell. By the way, did I tell you I walked down the aisle to one of his songs? (Hint: It's the one below.)


Reading ... "With You Always" by Rena Olsen. The author is one of my dearest friends and she writes incredible psychological thrillers. I still think about her first book ("The Girl Before") often, and I read it more than a year ago. This girl has some skills!!


Grateful for ... skilled friends who offer their help. Ever since we moved in 18 months ago, Sean and I have had visions of sprucing up the basement and making it into usable space. Unfortunately, neither of us is very handy and had no idea how to get started. Last weekend, our friend, Joe, came over and helped us put up drywall. Let's be real -- he did most of the work and we just helped. It was hard work, and we still have some work to do, but I'm so excited to see it finished.


Looking forward to ... going to the Iowa State Fair. The annual celebration of agriculture and fried food is currently happening and I'm going to experience it this weekend. I cannot wait.






1 comment:

  1. I love the food network! Too bad my children control the tv remote choices in my household so I never get to spruce up my cupcake skills

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover