Image Map

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Show Us Your Books: July 2018


Life According to Steph

My reading took a nosedive early in the summer. I could blame the wedding, I suppose. Or any number of other things. But it's probably a combination of a lot of things. I missed it though and fortunately, my reading time has been picking up a little more steam lately. All it took was remembering one of my favorite authors had a whole series I hadn't yet explored.

The Wishing Well series by Melanie Shawn

 (These are pictured in the opposite order in which I read them, but that's a minor detail.)

It's set in a small town in Texas and mostly revolves around the Briggs family and a few of their close friends. I love series like this because if I love the characters, I get to keep up my relationship with them beyond the book that's only focused on them. And I almost always love the characters created by Melanie Shawn -- they're real and relatable. And the love stories are just sweet. There are eight books in the series, and I made it through five. I'll get to the other three. Soon. The books are a nice break from reality and my other favorite genre -- thriller and crime (which I've recently returned to).

Currently reading:


I'm only a few chapters into it, but I can already tell it's going to have some messed up twists.







7 comments:

  1. A good series is priceless when it comes to books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard good things about the secrets she keeps, so i hope you like it. off to check out that Melanie Shawn series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of series books. Even if they are not the most exciting, I like the relationships built with characters.

    I'm going to check out The Secrets She Keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love series books. I like getting involved with a character and seeing what happens to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I find a series I love, it just makes me day. They become family, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love when I can get a whole series to read in one go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fluffy books. It's great to give your brain a bit of a break or something happy to focus on sometimes. :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover