Image Map

Thursday, August 23, 2018

This & That 8/23

:: We are still in the throes of installing drywall in our basement. It's a longer process than I thought it'd be. But I am very pleased with the progress we're making and I'm really looking forward to enjoying (and sharing) the completed project.
This is what it looked like a few weeks ago.


:: As if the basement isn't enough of a home project, I decided to take on some minor plumbing the other night. One of our toilets had been running a lot. To the point that our water bill increased by $10. So, I knew I needed to replace the flush valve. I ended up also replacing the handle and the fill valve. Basically everything in the back of the toilet. And I did it all on my own. I was pretty proud of myself.


:: Last week, I had to miss a few workouts and scale back on a few others due to vertigo. I've recently become afflicted with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It hits me if I keep my head below my shoulders for too long or if I do a lot of up and down. The most recent spell was triggered by a bunch of burpees. It was miserable. I'm going to do a full post on it soon to describe what it feels like and what I'm doing to try and fight it.



:: On a more serious note, missing Iowa girl Mollie Tibbetts was found dead the other day. She disappeared more than a month ago while out on a jog. I had a bad feeling when she wasn't found within a few days (probably because of how much true crime I consume). A suspect has confessed and has been charged with her murder. It's a shame some are turning this into a debate on immigration because the man was here illegally. Ugh. He's a scumbag, but there are plenty of those who were born here too. More than that, the tragedy is still that a young woman lost her life way too soon.

What's on your mind this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover