Image Map

Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Fiver: A Thanksgiving foods power ranking

I know many people leaped right into Christmas after Halloween, and I'm not going to judge. Do what makes you happy. I haven't quite gotten that far, however, as I gear up for our next holiday -- Thanksgiving. I love this day. The only expectation is to make and eat a lot of food. Maybe watch football. Maybe nap. I'll also be running a 5K that morning, but I know that's not everyone's jam. Really, though, it's about the food. So today I have for you my Thanksgiving foods power rankings. I had a hard time keeping it to five (because there are usually more options than that at my house), but I did my best.


-- FIVE -- 
Source
Green bean casserole
I don't love it, but I don't turn it down either. Crispy french onions on the top are a must.



-- FOUR --
Source
Cranberry fluff
It's cranberries, marshmallows, and jello. There are probably other things in there too (which you can find out in the recipe linked under the photo), but it's so yummy.



-- THREE -- 
Source
Turkey
My family rarely does turkey (this year, we're doing London broils), but I still definitely enjoy it. 



-- TWO --
Source
Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
Lots of whipped cream. That photo above does not have adequate whipped cream.



-- ONE --
Source
 Mashed potatoes
Honestly, any kind of potato will do, but there must be a potato dish. It's not a holiday without it. If we're going with the mashed variety, I prefer the skins left in. And I don't need gravy, but it's nice.

////\\\\

Two foods that cannot be ranked because they're specific to my family (and probably other Norweigian families): Lefse (sort of a flat bread that you serve with butter and sugar) & Kringla (a soft cookie-like treat).

What foods are your favorites?
Does your family have any special foods that are tradition?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover