Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday Fiver: Favorite things of 2018

This past year was a big one for me. I went through some tough times and changes -- some people left my life, I was pushed out of a job I loved, and I learned my beloved cat, Cleo, has failing kidneys. But I also had a lot of great things happen, and I'm choosing to focus on the positive as I close out another year.

I got married!
On June 9, I exchanged vows with Sean. He is absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to me. He makes me laugh. He helps me when I'm struggling. We just get each other. I can't imagine doing life with anyone else.



I saw "Hamilton."
I love musical theater, and have a special fondness for modern musicals. This one lived up to all the hype for me. I loved the music, the actors, and the story. I'm actually interested in learning more about Eliza Hamilton and might seek out a book about her in the coming year.


The Barnstormers won the championship.
Our local indoor football team had a fantastic season, and we were there for several key games. The championship was by far the most fun. A little closer in score than I would have liked, but that only added to the drama of the win. Congrats to Coach Dixie Wooten and the team! I'm looking forward to seeing that banner raised in a few months.


I visited a new ballpark.
Sean and I spent a weekend in Wisconsin, where we visited a few breweries and took in a Brewers vs. Dodgers game. As a result, we were both able to check off another ballpark on our mission to see them all. We're looking to cross another one off in the year ahead.


I found a new show.
It's been a long time since I had a show that was basically appointment television. But "A Million Little Things" is exactly that. I love the drama. The characters are wonderfully flawed. The writing is fantastic. And I'm glad the show is taking on the tough subject of mental health. It's moving to Thursdays in the new year, which will be an adjustment, but I think the earlier time (8 p.m. central) will be better. It's just hard to go right to sleep at the end of the show. There's so much to analyze and talk about.


I'm sure I could keep going with this list, but these really are the highlights. It was a very good year, and I'm looking forward to the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover