Image Map

Monday, December 24, 2018

Music Monday: Sara Bareilles - "Love is Christmas"

Sara Bareilles is my girl, but I feel like a failure as a fan because I JUST discovered this Christmas tune from her.



It's so beautiful.

Just her and the piano and some light strings.

And the lyrics are exactly how I feel about Christmas -- I don't care for fancy surroundings or gifts -- I just want to be with the people who mean the most to me.



I don't care if the house is packed
Or the strings of light are broken
I don't care if the gifts are wrapped
Or if there's nothing here to open

Love is not a toy, and no paper will conceal it
Love is simply joy that I'm home

I don't care if the carpet is stained; we have food upon the table
I don't care if it's gonna rain; our room is warm and stable
Love is who we are, and no season can contain it
Love would never fall for that

Let love lead us, love is Christmas

Why so scared that you'll mess it up? 
Imperfection keeps you haunted
All you need is your best my love, that's all anyone ever wanted. 

Love is how we do, let no judgment overrule it
Love I look to you, and I sing

Let love lead us, love is Christmas
Let love lead us, love is Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover