Image Map

Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday Fiver: Recent podcast finds

I was a true crime junkie for a while. But it got to be too much, so I've been trying to broaden my podcast spectrum a bit. These are my new favorites.

EmpowerHer
One of my blogger friends, Holly, mentioned this podcast in her Instagram stories. I was instantly hooked. The host is bubbly and upbeat as she offers some advice and motivation for setting goals and juggling life. I really enjoyed her episodes on navigating negativity and burnout. The one about purpose driven action was pretty solid too.


Stories I Tell on Dates
Paul Shirley is a former Iowa State basketball player who spent a few years in the NBA. He's also really funny and a great storyteller. This podcast, which offers stories and anecdotes from Shirley's life, is a companion to his book of the same name, though you don't need to read the book to enjoy the podcast.

The Good Parts with Andy Grammer
Musician Andy Grammer interviews various fellow entertainers and celebrities about their lives, career journeys, and more. The one on NeedToBreathe was really great. I can't wait to listen to the one on Rachel Platten. I looooooove her.


Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness
I feel really late to the game on this podcast, which is hosted by one of the guys from "Queer Eye." He tackles some really interesting subjects, including racism, language, and politics. Recently he talked to author Jodi Piccoult regarding her writing about tough subjects.



For the Love with Jen Hatmaker
I love love love Jen. Her views on faith and being a good human align with mine, and I feel like I could get along with her. She has also interviewed Jodi Piccoult (one of my favorite episodes) and talks a lot about a variety of issues. Recently, she did an episode on overcoming body shaming and it really hit home with me.

What are some of your favorite podcasts? I'm always looking for new ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover