Image Map

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Sweats: Revving up with Xtreme

I've completed my first week of Xtreme workouts.

Well ... it wasn't exactly a full week, so I don't know if I should claim to have finished a week. On Monday, we did measurements, picked up our shirts, and had a lunch and learn about nutrition and meal planning.


I love the shirts this year. They're really nice material, and I think the saying on them is fun.

On Tuesday, we did assessments and a bit of a circuit. Wednesday is when the real workouts started. Unsurprisingly, I'm pretty sore. Even though I work out regularly, I always have muscle soreness at the beginning of Xtreme.

I'm a little nervous about sharing my pre-program measurements. However, I think transparency is good, and I guess if people want to judge me, they will regardless.

Measurements as of 1/7:
Weight: 164.8
Chest: 40.75
Bicep: 12.25
Waist: 36
Hips: 43
Thigh:  23

Assessment numbers (done in one minute):
Push-ups: 35 (including 10 on my toes)
Sit-ups:25
Wall balls: 25
Jump rope: 106
Burpees: 13

I'm anxious to see if those numbers move at all at the end of eight weeks.



\\\///

Last week's workouts
Sunday: Off
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Ran 2 miles + Xtreme Revolution Assessments and Circuit
Wednesday: Xtreme Cardio EMOM
Thursday: Xtreme Stations
Friday: Xtreme Partner Cardio
Saturday: Off

Victory of the week:  I did 13 burpees in a minute during the initial assessment! A few months ago, I was terrified of doing burpees because of my positional vertigo, but my physical therapy helped a ton.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover