Image Map

Saturday, November 20, 2010

30 Days of Truth -- Day 9: Where did you go?

Day 9 -- Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.


I've lost a lot of friends in my life.  Some to fights. Some to distance. Some for no reason at all. That last segment is the hardest to understand. There are certainly many people I've lost touch with before I wanted to.  Thank goodness for facebook.  I've been able to renew some of these once-lost friendships, but there are still a few I think about.

Back in high school, Betsy was one of my closest friends. We certainly had our arguments (we were teenage girls, each with our own set of issues), but we also had some really incredible talks and times. When we weren't fighting, she totally had my back and was really supportive of me.  She never put me down or tried to one-up me.  She shared in my joy when my crush du jour smiled at me, and she cried with me when he rejected me.  We sang loudly in the car as we drove around town or made one of our random shopping trips to Iowa Falls.  We did each other's hair for big events (or at least what we thought were big events).  We talked about things we wanted in the future and people who had disappointed us in the past.  It was a really great friendship, and one that was sadly lost after I graduated high school.  I have no idea where she is now, but I think about her a lot and some of the fun times we shared.

((In the picture, from left: Cassie, Amy, Tami, Betsy, Sarah & me.))

1 comment:

  1. Betsy is on FB....under Levar Betsy (find her in my friends list!)
    Love the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover