Image Map

Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Fiver: Feel Good Tunes

I promised I'd balance out last Friday's sobfest with a barrage of happy songs this week.  Indeed, it's a good week to do that.  I've had an amazing week.  Holiday time with family.  Productive at work.  Planning trips for 2011. Fantastic chats with good friends.  Ah, yes.  Life is good.  And here are some songs to match my mood.

1. Jon McLaughlin - "Dance Your Life Away"




I dare you to sit still.  I really wish he would have released this one as a single.  I love it.

2. Todd Carey - "The First Day"



Amazing song with a great message. I used this one in the playlist for my first 5K.  If you listen to it, you'll hear why it was appropriate.

3. Carrie Underwood - "Crazy Dreams"



I love to sing along with this one at the top of my lungs while taking a (long or short) road trip.

4.  Dave Barnes - "Butteflies"



I love this feeling. I miss this feeling.  I haven't had it in quite awhile. 
P.S. I wanted to use a live performance, but I couldn't find a good quality one I wanted to use.

5. Hoku - "Perfect Day"


One hit wonder, much?  Oh well.  This is a great song.  I even put it on a mix CD I made for all my roommates when we graduated college.  Constitution 13 Forever!


Honorable mentions

Love, love, love this song.

This one is another amazing road trip song.

Reminds me of all the great Mayer shows I've been to.

Marching band has never been cooler. Try and get the chorus out of your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover