Image Map

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ten Lessons in 2010: Seven

SEVEN: Even if you disagree with someone, the friendship will remain as long as there's respect.

Early in the year, a friend and I had a small falling out over political differences.  We took a few months off from talking to each other, but I missed her. A lot. 

She was pregnant with her first child when we had our argument.  I knew approximately when the baby was due, so around that time, I decided to send her an e-mail to let her know I was thinking of her and wishing her well in motherhood. The e-mail was sent on a whim, and I had no idea how she would respond or if she even would.

But she did. And I'm glad I reached out.  We are back to being friends and chatting on a regular basis.  We may never vote for the same candidate, but we love each other anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover