Image Map

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

WLJ: Back from vacation

I'm ba-ack!!

Did you miss me?

Did you think I quit?

No way.

I'm not quitting until I reach my goal.  And then it'll just be all about maintaining, which is a battle I'm not yet prepared for.  Good thing I have a ways to go until I get there.

I had a great vacation in Arizona a few weeks ago.  I arrived home super late on Monday night (or super early on Tuesday morning, depending on how you look at it).  I knew it would be unwise to weigh in on just four hours of sleep after a whole day of traveling.  So I decided to take the week off from weighing in.  I think we need that every now and then.

I also took some time off from tracking (although I tried on days I remembered to do it on my phone) and my workouts were much lighter.  I hiked/climbed Camelback Mountain one day while I was in Arizona.  And I got 10K steps in most days, but that's about it.  And after I returned from my trip, I only got one regular workout in before I hit the road again for a weekend conference.

I can't tell you how good it feels to be back home and back in my routine.  I missed Zumba and even kettlebell something furious.  I'm anxious to get back on track and continue marching toward my goal.

I did have a little bit of frustration last week.  I entered a Biggest Loser competition in my gym a few months ago.  At the halfway point, I was tied for third place, which was good for unlimited classes for two months.  I was so excited.  I knew the final weigh-in would be around the time I was on or returned from vacation, but I guess I missed the part where they said we had to weigh-in by March 17.  And no one reminded me before I left for vacation.  So when I returned, I was too late.  I could have weighed in, but it wouldn't have counted for any of the prizes.  I was extremely frustrated by this.  I actually decided not to weigh in at all, because I don't even want to know if I could have won anything.  That would only make me more mad.  My frustration has tempered a bit over the last few days, and I know the key will  be remembering that I didn't start this journey to win any kind of contest or prize.  I started on this mission to change my life, pay more attention to my health and get more fit.  Those will be the prizes at the end of the journey.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: -1.2 lbs.
Progress to date: -21.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I don't know that I have one this week.  :-/


Blogger's Biggest Loser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover