Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

WLJ: In a food rut

I'm in a food rut.

I was doing so well with my meals for awhile -- making light and delicious selections for lunch and dinner.

But now I'm bored with those options.

Everything sounds unappetizing.  Or too difficult.

I've gotten lazy the last few weeks.  I've fallen away from taking time to cook and have made some horrible food choices.  And I've paid for that -- on the scale and with my wallet.  I used to think eating healthy was more expensive, but I'm not entirely sure that's the case anymore.  It does usually take more time though.  And planning.  And I have not been good at planning meals lately. 



I don't want to fail.

So I need to plan.

It's never too late to get back on track, so that's what I'm going to do this week.

Could you help me out, readers?  Share with me some of your favorite healthy meal ideas.

Meanwhile, the Rangers Fitness Challenge is killing me. I definitely haven't been lazy in that sense. My boys have quite the potent offense, and the pitching has been doing a fair job as well.  I've found myself doing 70-100 reps of the seven exercises more times than I care for.  I did end up skipping yesterday's routine ... it would have been 130 reps.  I just knew my body wasn't up for that.  But I won't do that often. I'll be glad (and hopefully stronger) when the month is over.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: + 2 lbs.
Progress to date: -22.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I found a dress to wear to an upcoming wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! One of my go-to breakfasts is organic spinach, canned diced tomatoes (organic, no salt added from trader jo's or costco) and egg whites with one ounce of feta sprinkled on top. If I'm super hungry, I just add more spinach or tomatoes, and it's still a very low calorie but extremely filling breakfast.
    For lunch, I like baked chicken dipped in bread crumbs, panko crumbs and coconut. With a side of broccolli and cauliflower with half a tablespoon of butter and light cheese sprinkled on top.
    ooo I am also a new fan of the salmon burgers they sell at Costco. SO delicious and onle like 170 calories plus 22 grams of protien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately all I want is BBQ. Must be the summer. So I use grilled chicken and make pizza or wraps with some BBQ sauce, onions, low carb tortillas, and a little cheese. Cheddar for the wraps, mozzarella for the pizza. I love Mexican food too so a bog salad with salsa and grilled chicken or shrimp and some baked tortillas for crunch. I find I eat a lot of the same food over and over. I usually just have 2 plain eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I go wild and have peanut butter on 35 calorie bread. Oh, and grilled scallops on my George Foreman grill. I love scallops but I get that a lot of folks don't. When I am in a lazy mood which is all the time, I will just pull out some frozen veggies and frozen pre-cooked chicken or if I am super lazy, I will pull out a bag of Pop Chips. The whole bag has 360 calories and even though the salt kills, it is just once in a blue moon. If I am going to be bad, I like to waste the calories on alcohol. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover