Image Map

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Childhood treasures

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am a pack rat.  I don't like to throw anything away.  I tend to believe everything has a purpose or sentimental value.  Especially things from my childhood.  

A few years ago, when my parents moved from my childhood home to a new home, my mom told me I would need to go through my belongings, including toys, and whittle it down to one rubbermaid tub.  

WHAT?!?!

No.  Please, Mom.

Sigh.

OK.

It took me a long time and I wasn't very happy about it, but I was able to sort out what I wanted to save and what could go to the trash a new home.

I thought I'd share with you a few of the things I've held onto over the years.

My Care Bear!!
Loves-A-Lot was her given name.
I think she's held up pretty well over the past few decades.

Shirley Temple VHS collection!!
I was obsessed with Shirley Temple.
I watched these movies endlessly.  And probably sang along.
And I can't tell you how many times I checked out and read her autobiography.

 So many Ernies!!
Ernie was hands-down my favorite "Sesame Street" character.
He was always happy and cheerful.
And, yeah, I got most of these in my teen years and later, but oh well.
I used to have more Ernies, but these are the remaining ones.
From left:  Chicken Dance Ernie, Sleep 'N Snore Ernie, Rock 'N Roll Ernie and Tickle Me Ernie.

These are only the things I have at my house.
Apparently, I still have some stuff at my parents' house.  Oops.
When I bring those home, I'll do another post.

What are some childhood items you can't part with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover