Image Map

Monday, July 2, 2012

Music Monday: Eric Hutchinson - "Talk is Cheap"

As I've mentioned at least a half-dozen times, I am obsessed with the latest Eric Hutchinson album.  I've probably listened to it at least twenty times.  Probably more. My favorite track changes weekly. 

Following last week's influx of political talk, I decided I'd share this song.  It's just too appropriate. 

I ended up hiding a ton of posts on my facebook feed.  
And I came close to completely "unfriending" a few. 
There were a few bloggers I almost unsubscribed from too.
Not because I disagree with them, but because of the lack of respect they showed for others.

I respect that everyone is entitled to an opinion, 
but there's a way to express it without insulting people who see things differently.

And that's the end of my rant.

Enjoy the music.

 
Lately I'm tired of politics, 
and listening to the neverending arguments.
They just stall. 
And this is what we do, 
we just talk.
Never known someone to change their mind
 after a heated debate over the moral lines 
we just crossed.
But this is what we do, 
we just talk.

Some people get cute,
and they draw the line.
Some people can't choose over left or right.
But I could never stomach all that greed.
Some people don't care enough.
Some people get scared enough
to get talked into something 
that they think they should believe.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE eric hutchinson and his new album is great. Such a good song!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover