Image Map

Monday, October 22, 2012

Music Monday: Gabe Dixon

I've been listening to Gabe Dixon's music for a few years now.  He can thank Dave Barnes for constantly mentioning him.  Dave Barnes can never steer me wrong.  Plus, he's a guy who plays piano.  That's an automatic winner for me.  Almost every time.

I finally got to see Gabe live when he came to Ames with Tony Lucca a few weeks ago.  I was really unprepared for how amazing Gabe is in person.  Even after listening to his CDs constantly.  He is just fantastic.  So talented and genuinely nice as well. Oh, and completely adorable.

Here are a few of my favorite Gabe tunes ...

He wrote this one for his wife. Lucky woman.


If you've seen "The Proposal," you've actually heard one this one  -- it's in the opening sequence.

This is the sweetest song I've heard lately. It paints such a lovely mental image. I can't get enough of it.

Songs that encourage audience sing-alongs? Sold.


Yep, I'm smitten with Gabe's music.
I will definitely try to see him live again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover