Image Map

Monday, November 12, 2012

Music Monday: Matt Duke

I'll never forget the first time I heard Matt Duke's voice. He was playing with Benjy Davis Band and my friend, Todd Carey, in Cedar Falls.  I went to the show to sell merch for Todd, and while I was setting up, Matt stopped to say "hi" and familiarize me with his merch.  He was really friendly and kind of soft spoken. Then he got on stage.  And the soft voice went away. I was blown away.  Wow.  This guy has some pipes.  I've seen him a few more times since then (not as many as I'd like), and his voice still gives me chills every time.  The intensity and the emotion are just overpowering. Check it out in these few songs (my favorites of his).





Matt's a really great live performer and a great guy to boot (for a Phillies fan). If you get a chance to see him, please go ... if only for me since he rarely makes his way to the Midwest. He's also doing a Kickstarter project right now for his next album if you're into that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover