Image Map

Friday, March 8, 2013

This is me, take it or leave it

I have an earth-shattering announcement.
Are you ready for this?
Well, here it goes.

I am a little complicated.

Whew.  I feel better with that off my chest.

Honestly though, I know I'm a hard person to understand.  Sometimes I wonder how I have so many awesome friends.  I can be a little selfish, a little reserved and a lot quirky.  I've made choices and decisions in my life that makes people raise their eyebrows.  Even some of my friends admit they don't "get it" sometimes. 

I feel like I have an annual discussion/argument with at least one friend about something I've done or decided.  And it makes me unhappy.  It puts me on the defense.  And it makes me pull back inside my shell and not want to share with that person anymore.

I have no doubt some of these people care about me and have my best interest at heart.  They can't relate to decisions I've made because they've made different ones.  And that's fine.  I really don't need anyone to "get" why I do things the way I do.  I only need them to accept me as I am and support me.  That's all I really ask for.  And that's what I'll give in return.

But I'm done trying to explain myself and my decisions. I don't owe anyone an explanation.  And anyone who's a real friend won't force me into one. 


RIP Mindy McCready, but this has been one of my anthems for years.

2 comments:

  1. But why? I don't understand! Just kidding. The only person you have to make happy is you. Other people made different decisions because they aren't you. Honestly, I don't think you're that hard to understand but I also have made a lot of my own hard to justify decision. Luckily I just don't bother defending MY choices and I won't defend my future mistakes either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Fine. Don't explain stuff to me. :p

    Lol jk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover