Image Map

Saturday, June 15, 2013

A good day to get lost


Today, I'm going to get lost in a world I've neglected for far too long -- the world of my current writing project.

I started my latest novel years ago.  But after twenty pages or so, I got stuck and busy, and I abandoned it.  I picked it back up this past November for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and I wrote steadily through the winter.  It was a nice distraction during my last unemployment stint.  But for some reason, I've had a hard time getting back into it since my most recent layoff.

Fortunately, I have some pushy supportive friends and beta readers who fell in love with the characters, and have been encouraging me to get back at it. 

So I'll be spending today with this guy ...

Via
Okay, not really.  But that is kind of how I picture my main male character.  Yummy, right?  He's got some issues though, and getting into his head can be a little exhausting. 

Since I'm talking about my writing, I'll take a moment to plug my last self-published novel, "Riffs of Regret."  I would be delighted if you'd check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the writing! A novel sounds so daunting-- so awesome that you've written some!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover