Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Five celebrities I wish were my friends

I prefer to think I have pretty good taste in people.  Sure, I've made a few bad choices in friends over the years, but the good far outweigh the bad.  Even if some friendships didn't last long, they all served a purpose, and I'm pretty happy with the people I have surrounding me.

That said, I sure wouldn't mind adding these five people to my friend list ...

source
Mindy Kaling
I've never watched "The Office," so I really didn't get to "know" Mindy until I listened to her audiobook.  It was funny, and I related to so many of her childhood and teenage stories.  Her sense of humor is quirky and self-deprecating.  Seems familiar.  I feel like we might almost be the same person sometimes.

+++++

source
Miranda Lambert
She's feisty and sweet ... all at once.  Somehow that combination works really well for her.  I mean, she landed Blake Shelton.  Despite all her success, Miranda still seems like the kind of girl who prefers blue jeans and beer over fancy dresses and cocktails.  I kind of dig that.  And I definitely want her in my corner if anyone ever does me wrong.

+++++

source
Anna Kendrick
I have a massive girl crush on her, but really, I think we could have a blast together. She seems pretty down-to-earth, and she just seems like someone with whom you could share a bottle of wine ... and lots of good stories.  She's had some hot co-stars, so I'm sure she has some tales to tell.

+++++

source
Jimmy Fallon
He is so freaking adorable.  I love when he laughs at his own jokes.  I wish his show wasn't on so late so I could watch it in real time.  Thank goodness for Hulu and NBC putting their shows online.

+++++

source
Amanda & Brandon McCarthy
Yep, I'm cheating and counting these two as one.  Not because I think married couples should be considered one person, but because I wouldn't want to just be friends with one of the McCarthys.  I absolutely adore this couple.  Their exchanges on Twitter are hilarious.  Exhibit A:

There are tons more at this tumblr.
Now, I know no relationship is perfect, theirs is everything I strive to find -- clear adoration and inappropriate humor.  Also, the girl loves her wine.  Let's share a bottle, OK Amanda?

+++++

Which celebrities would you want in your circle of friends?


7 comments:

  1. I love Mindy Kaling! It would be cool to have her as my quirky older sister!

    www.gildedsunflower.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be friends with Kristen Bell and Jennifer Lawrence. They just seem very real to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anna Kendrick. I really like her in 50/50.

    This may not make sense, but I love Kate Middleton. She, in my opinion, seems down-to-earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miranda too!! I also like Emma Stone!

    Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy is my fave- have you seen her show? I never watched her on The Office either, but love The Mindy Project! I think I would add Jennifer Lawrence, she's seems fun and down to earth too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy Kaling, yes! Nate jokingly refers to me as "Kelly" her character on The Office. She's awesome. And Jimmy Fallon is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy Kaling...YES! And oh yes, Jimmy Fallon would be an awesome friend. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover