Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Music Monday: Kacey Musgraves

I am pretty late to the Kacey Musgraves train.  And I regret it.  Horribly.

I've heard her name thrown around a lot but I just never got around to listening to her.  I'm fixing that now.

Given my new preoccupation with the TV show "Nashville," it should come as no surprise that it's my new favorite station on Pandora.  It includes songs from the show as well as plenty of Miranda Lambert and Pistol Annies.  I mean, that alone is awesome.

But then they started playing tunes from this girl named Kacey Musgraves.  I am in love. She's kind of the country version of Sara Bareilles.  And I mean that as a compliment, Kacey.  Hope you don't mind.

Here are my favorites that I've heard so far.


The lyrics hit me hard right from the get go.
 The bridge line ... it's just so true.

Damned if you do and you're damned if you don't
So you might as well just do whatever you want

Right? 
I could see this song becoming a tattoo in the future.

+++++


Again, there's just so much truth in the lyrics here.

I will be looking for opportunities to see her live. I bet she's fantastic.

Anyone know her music better?  What other tracks do I need to find ASAP?


3 comments:

  1. Blowin' Smoke!

    I love her. And I'm pretty sure I have those yellow pants lol.

    See, we agree on some music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! She really tells it like it is. :)

    www.gildedsunflower.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't listened to her either, I'll definitely check out her other stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover