Image Map

Saturday, September 21, 2013

"When the summer ends, so do we ..."

I'm back. Yeah, my break was only four days long. You probably didn't even miss me!! But I feel a whole lot better after even just a few days away from blogging. And now I'm ready to get back at it.

[pin]
I'm a little behind the rest of the blog world. It seems most of the people I follow consider summer over once Labor Day arrives.  I guess I go by the calendar definitions.  To each his/her own!

That said, summer is now officially over for me.  It was a pretty great one.  I started a new job, made some new friends, went on a few dates, attended the wedding of a college friend, drank lots of wine and craft beer, saw fireworks, went to the zoo, and went to a few concerts.   Considering I was unemployed when the summer started and really couldn't plan anything, I'd say it was a winning summer.

I thought I'd share my summer to-do list and see how I did.

:: Go to an Iowa Cubs game ... and actually root for the home team.
:: Find a patio and enjoy some beverages with good friends.  
:: Go to the zoo.
:: Make sangria. (And drink it too, I suppose.)
:: Go to the farmer's market.
:: Take in some outdoor live music.
:: Go to a small town festival.
:: Have a bonfire, complete with s'mores.
:: See fireworks.
:: Try yoga in the park.
:: Have a snow cone.

I think I did pretty well, but I'm kind of sad about the four I missed. I'll just have to try and get those next year. I can't wait to look for new summer adventures.

Until then though, there are a few more seasons to enjoy.   Tomorrow I'll share my fall to-do list.  Make sure you come back and check that out.

P.S.  I don't really believe that headline.  It's just a line from a Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers song, and I thought it was fitting for this post.




1 comment:

  1. you still have time to hit the farmers market, it doesn't end until the middle of October! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover