Image Map

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

You cannot be replaced

That is the theme for this year's National Suicide Prevention Week as advertised on To Write Love on Her Arms, an organization I love dearly.

Each year, in honor of this week, I write the word "Love" on the inside of my arm.  I'm actually thinking about having it tattooed at some point in the future.  But for now, an ink pen works just fine.


Suicide has hit way too close to home for me more times than it should have. I cannot judge those who choose to take their own life because I wasn't in their shoes. I wasn't in their head. I don't know how they were feeling or what they were thinking when they made that tragic decision.  I'm only sorry they made it, and I wish they knew how much they were missed by people still here on Earth.

If you or anyone you know is having suicidal thoughts, please get help.
Talk to someone.
A friend.
A stranger.
Anyone.



Things might look bleak at the moment, but it will pass.
You will move on and find peace in life.
You are worthy of that.
You are worthy of love.



Give it time.
Don't give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover