Image Map

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A to Z Book Survey


 
[pin]

 I saw this survey on Nerdy Katie, and I knew I had to steal it and answer it.  

Author you’ve read the most books from: 
Probably Danielle Steele 
Hers were some of the first books I read, and I've probably read a dozen or so.  I never really kept count.

 Best Sequel Ever: 
"The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks
I honestly thought it was a great follow-up to "The Notebook."

Currently Reading:
"Left Drowning" by Jessica Park

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Coffee -- iced or hot, depending on the season

E-reader or Physical Book?
I enjoy both equally.  

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: 
Matt from "Flat-Out Love."
I have always seemed to like the quiet, smart, and quirky ones.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
"The Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman
This one wasn't even on my radar until I got it in a swap.  It haunted me for several days.

Hidden Gem Book:
"Love ... From Both Sides" by Nick Spaulding.
I have never laughed out loud so many times in one book as I have in this one.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
I would probably say the first time I picked up a romance novel when I was a teenager (or maybe earlier).  That's when I decided I wanted to try and write a book.  Ever since then, I've been intrigued by books that are about relationships -- romantic and platonic -- more than anything else.

Just Finished:
My Everything - Seth & Amber by Michelle Shawn
This series was steamy and fun.  I loved it, and I will really miss the town and characters.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Anything that will make me need to sleep with a light on.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
"Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4)" -- 756 pages.

** easy way to find this out. Go to your Goodreads “read” list, don’t scroll down but where you are on the screen there will be this little tab on the bottom that lets you choose how you want to scroll or how many books you want display. There is also a sort option with a drop down and you can sort by page.

Major book hangover because of:
"Flat-Out Love" by Jessica Park
I was seriously in love with those characters.  Even the companion book "Flat-Out Matt" didn't satisfy my desire for more of this story (although it was fantastic).

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Just two right now.  I have a one bedroom apartment.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
"Good In Bed" by Jennifer Weiner. 
I just love it.

Preferred Place To Read:
On my little balcony.  It's quiet and gets me away from the TV and computer.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
I honestly can't think of one at the moment.  Sorry.  I should start keeping track of quotes that move me.

Reading Regret:
"Little Beauties" by Kim Addonzio
I liked the premise of the book, but it didn't keep my attention very well.  I think I finished it just to finish it so I could move on to the next book.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Harry Potter. 
I listened to the first two when I was doing a lot of driving.  I want to finish the series.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
"Good In Bed" by Jennifer Weiner (obviously, since I've read it multiple times)
"The Shack" by William Young (It makes me think a lot.)
"Flat-Out Love" by Jessica Park (This might become an annual read)

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
"The Hunger Games" series, even though I didn't really like how the third book ended.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Hmm.  Not sure I have an answer for this.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Reading a whole lot and then abandoning it for several weeks.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
"A Million Miles In A Thousand Years" by Donald Miller

Your latest book purchase:
"The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass" by Mandy Hale
I can't wait to link-up with some of my favorite girls on Oct. 30 to share my thoughts.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
"The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd
I just could not put it down.


some_text

2 comments:

  1. I love this survey and shall be borrowing it from you.

    And I totally agree, Good is Bed is one of those books I could constantly read and not get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post and I had to steal it, hope that is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover