Image Map

Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday's Letters


Photobucket

Dear Nikki,
In a few hours, we will be together for the first time in more than a year and a half.  It is overdue.  I'm so glad you're coming to visit.  I wish we had more than a few days, but I hope you enjoy your time in Iowa.

Dear government,
Please find a way to compromise and come to an agreement.  This shutdown is exhausting and depressing.  And the social media posts are annoying.  Everyone is pointing fingers (hint: both sides are at fault here), and everyone thinks he or she is an expert on how to solve this.  Obviously, I'm tossing out my advice to find a way to work together, but other than that, I don't have a solution.  That's why I don't run for office.

Dear Drake Half-Marathon,
I'm coming for you in April.  Oh, yes, I made the decision on Saturday to start training for this 13.1-mile road race.  Nevermind that I've never run more than 6.5 miles.  Or that most of my training will have to be done in winter (read: the treadmill).  But I have a good training partner and some really supportive friends and family.  My only goal is to finish, and I don't even care how long it takes me.

Dear October, 
You are passing much too quickly.  I love your weather -- cool and brisk -- and all the events you've brought.  I'm not ready for November yet.  I still have more books I want to read (before I abandon them for writing).  You can slow down a little.  Except during the work day/week.  Ha.

Dear Glee writers, cast, and crew,
You put on a fantastic tribute to Finn and Cory.  One was a character and one was a person, but both will be sorely missed.  I was crying within the first few seconds, but I knew I would be.  I'm a sap, and as I mentioned Monday, Cory's passing has affected me far more than any other celebrity death.  Thank you so much for this episode.  I'm glad you didn't dwell (or even mention) how Finn died.  It's more important to dwell on life. I can't imagine how difficult this episode was to write and film, but I think it helped give fans closure.  And a good cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover