Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday's Letters & A Funny


It's Friday, and I have a few letters to write.
[source]

+++++

Dear Sleep,
We are usually pretty good friends, but at times you seem to run away from me.  Please stop. I want to love you and enjoy you.

Dear Iowa State Cyclones Football,
This season has been so frustrating and discouraging.  I think tomorrow's going to be ugly in Norman.  Just do your best, don't make stupid mistakes, and get out without any major injuries. At this point, that is worth celebrating.

Dear Iowa State Cyclones Men's Basketball,
Thank you for coming along.  Suit Up Sunday is a wonderful thing to behold.  I promise I will come visit you in person sometime soon.

Dear Kansas City Chiefs,
Thank you for (almost) making up for the Cyclones this year.  You have been thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Dear Coffee,
We have only gotten together a few times in the last two weeks as I tried a healthy living challenge. Of all the things I had to give up, I miss you the most.  I'm coming back to you soon, and while we may never be as close as we once were, we will still be good friends.

Dear Former Work Eye Candy (also known as Skittles),
What did you do to your hair?  Why is your head shaved an inch above your hairline at the back of your neck (but the rest is in a buzzcut). Seriously.  What is that? 

Dear Men At Work,
Seeing you all with facial hair for Movember has been ... interesting.  It works very well on some of you and not so well on others.  I'm looking forward to voting on your beards/mustaches/goatees/etc. in about 10 days.

Dear Unpaid Holidays,
You suck. My bank account agrees.

Dear Tony Lucca,
I cannot wait to see you tomorrow night.  It's the first time (in a long time) that I will not be selling merch for you while you sing, so it will feel weird.  But I think it's going to be a great time, and I'll have great company for the show as well.  Oh, and I am WAY excited to see you perform at halftime of the Packers/Lions game on Thanksgiving Day.

Dear Secret Santa Swap Hosts,
Thank you so much for organizing this swap. I cannot wait to be matched, start shopping, and receive a box of goodies from a fellow blogger.

Dear NaNoWriMo project,
I'm sorry we don't spend much time together during the week.  Life is just crazy.  I have blocked off portions of this weekend for some quality time. Let's make the most of it.

Dear Literal Videos,
You make me giggle.  I discovered this one a few weekends ago while hanging out with some friends. Every now and then, it gets stuck in my head.  So, I'm sharing it with others so they can get it stuck in their head too.


+++++

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have a few fun things planned ... and a whole lot of downtime, which I desperately need.


2 comments:

  1. I hear you on sleep, I've been so bad at it lately. Strange because I'm usually so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo happy you joined our swap!!! ANd good luck on the NaNoWriMo project!! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover