Image Map

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sometimes I wish my life was a Christmas movie

Last weekend, I had more downtime than I have had in a long time.  How did I spend it? Well, it's December, so naturally there were Christmas movies involved.  There was definitely a pot of coffee too.  It was bliss.  Honestly, it doesn't take much to make this girl happy.

Speaking of Christmas movies, last year I wrote about how to find love during the holidays according to holiday movies.  It was a little silly, but so true.

Don't get me wrong though, I love me some cheesy made for TV Christmas flicks.  If they're on ABC Family, Lifetime, or Hallmark --- sign me up!

Here are a few of my favorites ...

[source]
"A Holiday Engagement"
Netflix synopsis: Hilary's plan to hire a good-looking guy to act as her boyfriend backfires when she brings him home for the holidays to try and fool her family. The joke ends up being on her when the fauxmance invites real complications.
My favorite part:  Jordan Bridges is adorable. The scene where they sing "Angels We Have Heard On High" is swoon-worthy.

++++++

[source]
"Holiday in Handcuffs"
Netflix synopsis: When her boyfriend dumps her just before the holidays, aspiring artist Trudie desperately kidnaps a handsome stranger named David. Intending to present him as her new boyfriend at Christmas, she finds instead a genuine bond forming with her victim.
My favorite part: I don't know why exactly, but I adore Melissa Joan Hart.

++++++

[source]
 "12 Dates of Christmas"
Netflix synopsis: Unwillingly set up on a blind date with handsome Miles on Christmas Eve, Kate gets 12 chances to relive the date over and over again until she sets things right. At first reluctant to give Miles a shot, Kate learns acceptance from a holiday miracle.
My favorite part:  Mark-Paul Gosselaar.  Also music from Dave Barnes and Michael Buble.  Also, I'm glad I don't have to relive some of my dates from the past year.

++++++

[source]
"A Boyfriend For Christmas"
IMDB user synopsis: Holly stopped believing in Santa Claus after her wish to meet the man of her dreams never came true. So Santa sets her up with Ryan, who isn't entirely truthful about himself. 
My favorite part:  All of it.  I just love this one. 

++++++
[source]
"Love at the Christmas Table" 
IMDB user synopsis: Family friends Sam and Kat spend every Christmas Eve at the Children's Table. They grow up together, sharing the highs and lows of young adulthood. And at thirty, Sam realizes that Kat is the one...but he's afraid that the past will get in the way. 
My favorite part: Danica McKeller and Scott Gordon-Patterson. 

++++++

The first two are on Netflix, and I'm waiting for the day the other two are added (since I no longer have cable).

Yeah, there's definitely a theme there.  These movies may be part of why I'm still single.  They set unrealistic expectations.  Because my reality is messages like these ...



Sigh.  Back to fantasy world.

Do you have any other cheesy straight to TV Christmas movie recommendations (especially those on Netflix)?


3 comments:

  1. Lol, I haven't watched any of those actually. But yes, I totally wish my life was like a movie just in general. Hanging out in the bookstore, cute guy wanders past, notices me, asks me out... happily ever after. Too bad it doesn't work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Holiday in Handcuffs, the 90s kid in me is so pleased by it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about 12 Dates of Christmas! I'm going to try and find it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover