Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

Breaking it down a little

Last week, I wrote about how I need to clean up my eating.  I had some good feedback and some great suggestions.

In the past, I've joined some 30-day healthy eating challenges.  I start all excited, but I never follow.  I'm good for a few days, maybe even a week, but then I fall off the wagon.  And then I figure I might as well abandon the whole challenge because I've already "lost."

Ugh.

I still want to adopt a cleaner eating lifestyle, so I'm going to try something a little different. Instead of trying a whole month, I'm going to start smaller.

Starting this coming week, I will make clean eating meal plans for Sunday through Thursday --- using only things from this list.

[pin]

Five days.  

That's just 15 meals -- five breakfasts, five lunches, and five dinners. 

I can do that.

I'm allowing myself Friday and Saturday to go off the plan a little because those are my big social days, and I have a harder time making good choices when I'm out with friends (beer and Mexican food just sound amazing, y'all). But I figure if I eat well five days a week, I deserve a little indulgence those other two days.

Tomorrow, I'll rearrange my fridge so I have one shelf just for my weekly options.

On Sunday, I'll do all my food prep, so I don't have to think about it at all during the week.

After I complete these five days, I'll do it again the following week.  And again the week after that.

They say you have to do something for three weeks before it becomes habit.  I'm going to see if that works for me here. I'm sure I won't be perfect, but I think this is a start.

If you have any clean eating meals and/or snacks I MUST try, please send them my way!  I need all the help and encouragement I can get.

+++++

[pin]
Last week's workouts
Friday: Off.
Saturday: Off.
Sunday: Yoga at home (30 mins.)
Monday: Kickboxing (45 mins.)
Tuesday: Mother Nature chased me home with a winter storm, so I did this circuit training pin you see to the right (30 mins.)
Wednesday: Off. Bad day.
Thursday: Off. -- I was going to go to BodyPump, but I had a terrible headache that felt like someone was stabbing me in the forehead. I just didn't have a good workout in me.

So this week wasn't as good as last week.  The little victory? Tuesday.  I could have just come home and done nothing, but I didn't.  I was pretty happy with that.



3 comments:

  1. I think your eating plan sounds totally doable, we all need cheat days. My problem with challenges is when the 10, 24, 30 days is up, most people just go back and anything they accomplished goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Casey. It has to be something you can maintain long-term. My advice is peppermint tea, sweet potatoes, broccoli slaw and steak or chicken stir fry, and spinach smoothies.
    Scott is doing Advocare's 24 day challenge soon…my friend just completed it and loved it. Maybe something to look into?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss doing yoga! I really need to start getting that back in my routine more! Great work this week friend! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover