Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

A break from the serious

I've had some pretty heavy posts the last few days -- about body image and relationship fears.  I decided it was time to brighten this space up a little, so here are a few awesome things that have happened in my life lately.

Jaci picked out these adorable shoes and insisted I needed them for my upcoming boudoir photo shoot.  They're so cute and fun. Best part? They were on sale for $8.  Sold. (P.S. Please try to ignore the litter box in the background. At least it's clean?)

+++++

Christina won free tickets to an Iowa Wild game, and she was nice enough to invite me along.  They're an affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and this is their first year in Des Moines.  I still have a lot to learn about hockey before I become a super fan, but I do enjoy going to the games.  And these seats were pretty sweet.

+++++

I won free tickets to the Funny Bone.  Kathleen and Charlene joined me, and we had a great evening.  Tommy Johnagin was really funny! I'd definitely go see him again.

+++++

Randomly, I bought a crossword scratch ticket late last week. I've never played one of these before (the bingo ones are usually my favorites).  To my delight, I won $100!!!

+++++


One of my flight attendant friends brought me some mini bottles of wine.  That's always a win.

+++++

Favorite Funny Blog

Finally, I found out yesterday that I won favorite funny blog over on the Best of Blog Awards.  I am stunned and flattered.  I really don't think I'm that funny, but I'm sure glad someone thinks so! Thanks to whoever nominated me and to all who voted.



3 comments:

  1. Love those shoes, they're going to look adorable in your shoot! Totally jealous of your $100 win, I never win on scratch tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your win at Angie's blog that brought me over here. I am liking your style! And congrats on winning that $100. That's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! I think you're funny because you're not forcing yourself to be that way :) You just have a great personality. And mini bottles of wine are the besttttt :) LOVE the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover